As of June 11th, 2018 Google announced its new Google Maps Platform and now will require all map users enable billing account with them. They still provide free usage quota, which in most cases is more than enough to cover your business. However, if you think you may potentially exceed it, first – Google won’t be billing you without notification, second – you can set up your budget threshold and billing alerts, that will notify you in case you’re getting closer to it.
Here are the steps :
- Go to Google Platform Console
- Open the console left side menu and click Billing
- If you have more than one billing account, select Go to linked billing account to manage the current project’s billing. To locate a different billing account, select Manage billing accounts.
- On the left, click Budgets & alerts and on the right Create Budget
- In the opened form :
- Fill Budget name
- Select respective Billing account
- Define Budget amount – if you want to fit into free credits provided by Google, define $200
- Under Set budget alerts section, you can enter the percent of the budget at which you want an alert triggered. The corresponding spend Amount will be filled in automatically. Or else you can stick to default percents 50% 90% 100%
- That’s it. You’ll be able to edit your budget any time just by going to Budgets & Alerts section and choosing your budget from the list.