As of June 11th, Google may start asking you to add Billing account and associate it with your Google API key. Google needs this to start billing you in a timely manner in case your map usage goes over free quota and ensure that you don’t have a service interruption.
If you analysed your map usage and think, that you may go over a free quota it makes sense to set up a billing account.
- Ensure you’re logged in to your Google account and navigate here
- Press ‘Add billing account’
- In the opened form enter your business information and add a payment card to your account
- Return to your Google Console Dashboard , choose project (1) and press on menu icon (2) .
- Click on ‘Billing‘ tab and on the right press ‘Link billing account’
- Ensure you choose earlier created billing account and press ‘SET ACCOUNT‘
- That’s it you’re done!
You may also want to set up budget and billing alerts, to be aware of your usage and avoid unexpected payments. Check this link on how to do that.